Beiträge von Elmue

Hallo

Ob das Posting vor 5 Jahren war oder gestern spielt keine Rolle, da der Bug leider in der aller neuesten Version immer noch aktuell ist.

Da dieses Forum hier ein hohes Google Ranking für die Suchworte "DVDLab" und "Out of Memory" hat, habe ich es hier gepostet in der Hoffnung, dass es hier viele finden die mit diesem Problem kämpfen.

In allen anderen Foren findet man keine hilfreichen Antworten - oder wird sogar völlig fehlgeleitet. (ich habe woanders gelesen, man müsse eine Änderung in der Registry vornehmen oder einen Microsoft Patch installieren - alles Humbuk)

Ich verwende gerne ein VTS pro (Kurz)Film, da ich so eines Tages, wenn ich mal einen Film von einer bereits bestehenden DVD extrahieren will einfach nur die VOB Datei auf Festplatte kopieren muss und so einen einzelnen Film aus einer DVD "rausholen" kann. Sind dagegen mehrere Filme in einen VTS compiliert ist das unmöglich. Dann wird das richtig lästig.

Elmü

Hallo eDealer

Du hast diese Diskussion völlig auf den Holzpfad geleitet!
    Mit der Grafikkarte hat das gar nichts zu tun.

Übrigens liebe ich solche neunmalklugen Forumsbesucher, die solch schlaue Kommentare schreiben wie "Lies doch mal die FAQ" und das gleich 3 mal!
    Sehr hilfreich sowas!

Hier nun der wirkliche Grund für den "Out of Memory" error:
    Ich habe eine Email an Mediachance geschrieben und die Bestätigung erhalten, dass dies ein Bug ist. Lest selbst:

Hello

DVDLab is really a GREAT program!!
    It has GREAT funcionality!
    It has a GREAT help file!

But it has a VERY SERIOUS Bug:

Compiling a project with more than approx 10 VTS results in "Out of Memory".
    This IS a bug, it was in version 2.28 and is still in version 2.51.

The internet is full of people who already reported this problem years ago and it is still not fixed.

WHY DON'T YOU FIX THIS SERIOUS BUG ?

Please don't tell me that I have to switch to Megaproject.
    And please don't tell me that I don't have enough diskspace or that 2 GB RAM are not enough.
    All these are the answers one can find in the internet.

It has nothing to do with that.
    The bug can be 100% reproduced:

Create a new project.
    Add a video file of 5 MB.
    Compile the project: In Taskmanager you see that Compile.aux occupies !!200 MB!! RAM to compile a DVD which at the end has a ridiculous size of 5 MB.

Now add a second VTS, add the same 5MB video and compile it.
    In Taskmanager you see that Compile.aux now occupies !!300 MB!! RAM to compile a DVD of ridiculous 10 MB

Now add a third VTS, add the same 5MB video and compile it.
    In Taskmanager you see that Compile.aux now occupies !!400 MB!! RAM to compile a DVD of ridiculous 15 MB

etc..

Now add a tenth VTS, add the same 5MB video and compile it.
    In Taskmanager you see that Compile.aux now occupies !!!!!!!1 GB!!!!!! RAM to compile a DVD of ridiculous 50 MB.

and so on....
    At the end you get an "out of memory" error.
    And I did not even compile ONE menu !

A DVD supports up to 99 VTS.
    With DVDLab this is impossible.
    You would need more than 9 BG RAM for that.

Although DVDLab is such a great program why does the compiler !!WASTE!! so much memory?
    All it has to do here is multiplexing an audio stream with a video stream and copy the result to another folder. What does it need so much memory for a simple copy operation????

I am software developer since 30 years and I know for sure that a program which occupies 1 GB RAM to copy 50 MB data from one folder to another folder is completely misdesigned.

When will you fix this serious and very old bug ?

Hier die Antwort von Mediachance.
    Sie geben zu dass dies ein Bug ist:

This is due to an error in design.
    The person who created the compiler created data allocation for 650 menus and 100 videos per VTS.
    Regardless on what is occupied.
    When you use few more VTS's (like 5) the memory allocation become > 2GB and windows
    will throw 'out of memory' error - regardless how much swap disk space or memory there is
    because windows limits 2GB maximum allocated space per application.

We will try to change the dvd-lab to compiler communication.

Ich habe dann noch gefragt, wann dieser Bug gefixt wird, aber bisher keine Antwort erhalten.

Elmü