interesting mplayer issues

• hi,

after i decided to switch to linux i figured out that the mplayer was the player of my choice.

after installation i tried it out and found some interesting issues, where i'd like to ask for your help.
    when playing back divx movies the playback is sometimes jerky and it drops frames every once in a while. that didn't hapen under windows. the system is an athlon 1.2GHz with plenty of ram - so i don't think that hardware is the problem. i also installed the nvidia driver for x-server but it didn't help. the movies are encrypted using divx 5.02 pro but using no qpel or gmc.
    when watching tv using my hauppauge the audio is out if sync (comes a little earlier than the video). that for instance doesn't happen under xawtv.
    when watching interlaced dvd's the player doesn't deinterlace them. so whenever something is moving the quality becomes very poor.
    finally when watching movies that are encoded including the subtitle files i can't find an option to turn those subtitles off.

so a lot of questions, i know, but hopefully someone can help...

thanks in advance !

stefan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!