LITEON LVD 2001 | MPEG 4-/DIVX DVD Player

• Ab Montag ist im Pro Markt ein Mpeg-4/DivX fähige DVD-Player von Lite on zu erhalten. Herzstück des Geräts ist erwartungsgemäß der ebenfalls bei KiSS eingesetzte AV-Prozessor EM8500 von Sigma Designs, der für die DVD-und DivX-Wiedergabe verantwortlich zeichnet.
    Zudem kann man über einen Memory-Card-Adapter Bilder auf Speicherkarten, etwa von Digitalkameras, auf den TV-Schirm zaubern.

Der vorläufige Preis im Pro Markt: 249,- €

• Hi, I am from Italy and I do not understand German that well, sorry!
    Is the Liteon player already available in Germany? Could you please provide me with a link to an online shop that has it in stock? And does the player support Divx 3.11 and is it firmware upgradeable like the Kiss players? Many thanks for your help!!

• Here is a link to a site where the player is specified. It's a special offer for a limited time (28.04.2003 - 03.05.2003). But i'm quite sure, that it is still available afterwards too. I don't know, if the dealer (Pro-Markt) sends its commodity outside of germany. I think no. But i haven't find such a note on the site. So you could be a lucky man, and... . :)

Unfortunately i can't tell you if the player is capable to play DivX 3.11 or whether the firmware is upgradeable like the KISS - besides a really good group. ;)

Sorry that i can't provide you with more informations. Perhaps - no, i really think - that another member of this forum can help you a lot more.

pfirsichbluete

• In meiner Tageszeitung war heute eine Beilage vom Pro Markt, da stand zu dem Player: DIV4/DIV5, MPEG1/2/4, MP3, VCD, SVCD, DVD

Also wenn der frei nach Heise tatsaechlich auch 3.11 abspielt waere es noch eine Spur interessanter...! Find ich :)

• Many thanks to everyone for your replies. So Pro-Markt is the only one that has it in stock, cause I know of other German shops that do not have it yet in stock.
    I am really waiting to find out more info, as info has been very poor on the Liteon LVD 2001 so far. We really need to know if it is firmware upgredable like the Kiss player, as that is really necessary (Divx 6.0 is not far away ;) )

• Here is what Heise (German PC Magazine Publishing House ) wrote about it, link is from Fr_An:

Zitat

Another DivX capable Player

Taiwanese manufacturer Lite-On shows a DVD-player named 'LVD-2001' on CeBIT that can, likewise KiSS-Products, play video-formats DivX 3.11, 4.x, 5.x (Pro), XviD and ISO MPEG-4.

Centerpiece of this player is, as expected and also used by KiSS, the AV-Processor EM8500 from Sigma Designs, responsible for DVD- and DivX-playback. Besides that, the LVD-2001 plays (S)VCD, MP3- and JPEG-CDs. Via Memory-Card-Adapter, one can also view camshots from memory-devices like the types used in digital cameras - on the TV-screen. The player shall be available from April 2003...

and so on, these were the tech-specs from the article.

• Also ich glaub um ueberhaupt mal zu begreifen was beim Postenhandel so laeuft und wie die Preisbildung von Statten geht, da muss man wahrscheinlich erst mal selber 500000 € investieren und einen ganzen Ueberseecontainer Notebooks ordern oder so... :(8oX(:rolleyes:;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!