VirtualDub 1.8.0, Build 29393 (experimental)
Build 29393 (1.8.0, experimental): [February 24, 2008]
* The old support for reading "striped AVIs" has been removed.
* Alternate audio streams in an AVI file can now be chosen.
* Added fallback audio decoders for mu-law, A-law, MP2, and MP3 formats.
* Video files with audio tracks can also be used for replacing existing
* MP3 files without a WAV header can now be used as input.
* Added support for writing AVI files with VBR audio.
* The default frame rate for loaded image sequences can now be changed in
* The time knob can be dragged during a preview.
* Mark-in and mark-out commands now work during preview.
* Added new "time stretch" audio filter.
* Increased precision of ratios for audio stretch filters.
* Added "zone plate" test video mode.
* Changes to the input color format are now reflected in the preview panes.
* Added support for non-standard 15fps MPEG-1 video streams.
* VBR warning for AVI audio streams can now be toggled in Preferences.
* Filters: Can now be toggled on and off in the filter list.
* Filters: Fast YCbCr cropping is now supported.
* Filters: Flip vertically, grayscale, and resize now support direct planar
* Filters: Added "convert format" video filter.
* Filters: Redesigned color popup; hold down SHIFT. Now works after
stretching video window.
* Script: Implemented string+int, string+long, and string+double.
* Plugins: Input driver plugins can now delegate video decompression to
* Capture: Added /capfilealloc switch to preallocate capture files from the
* Hex editor: Now supports Unicode filenames.
* Cmdline: Ctrl+C/Break when a render is running also aborts a running
* If a particular input driver is forced when opening a video, that driver
is remembered in a job.
* Video filter dialog didn't update the indicated frame sizes properly when
deleting a filter.
* Fixed slight delay when a rendering job stops.
* Optimized AVI frame index code to avoid extreme delay when starting a direct
stream mode operation on an AVI file with only one key frame.
* Progress bar is now lies less when reindexing large AVI files.
* Fixed issue in AVI aggressive recovery algorithm that could cause valid
chunks to be missed.
* Selection was not properly saved in .vcf files, causing it to be invalid on
load if edits had occurred.
* Fixed crash when dragging curve points with no video loaded.
* Video/audio error mode dialogs weren't properly disabling options not
supported for the current input file.
* Capture: Video filter list now reflects active capture format.
* D3D: Fixed slowdown when bicubic mode is enabled.